Elizabeth has no feeling or mobility from her shoulders down. She is a complete quadriplegic.
EB Forst.com was established to help EB and her family with the staggering costs of treating a chronic spinal cord injury (SCI).
There are about 275,000 people living in the US with SCI with 12,500 newly injured each year in the US. Of those, 20% suffer from devastating quadriplegia – no feeling or mobility from the neck down – as a result of damage in the high-cervical area (the top four vertebrae).
The Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation estimates that the annual expenses for a quadriplegic average $66,000.
EB can expect to pay over $1.4 Million over a lifetime just for her daily care and medical expenses.
EB’s expenses average $15,000 a month.
In order for her to have an acceptable quality of life she needs:
- Medications for chronic pain and spasticity
- Intensive daily care including home health and physical therapy
- Individualized treatment programs such as acupuncture and aquatic therapy
- Rehabilitative sessions on the FES Bike, Standing Frame and Locomat
- Expenses to cover seven days a week personal assistant care
Here’s how you can help.
Click the donate button below – any amount is appreciated.